As you can see I’m almost ONE whole month late for this post! Kemett turns 10 months this week, so I hope to get another post out soon!
This month has been a big one for Kemett. He is getting so big and looking so grown up! Here are some highlights:
- He is rolling all over the place to get what he needs and wants!
- He can sit supported on his own.
- We are working on building strength for crawling.
- We removed eggs from my diet and changed his formula again.
- He had an endoscopy and flex-sigmoidoscopy with biopsies- he did great!
- He got teeth 5 and 6.
- He got his first professional haircut! (it was haircut number 2 if you are counting!)
- He is eating chunks/finger foods and can feed himself. He holds spoon and can put in his mouth.
- I stopped pumping breast milk because of the diet restrictions and his allergies, so he had his last bottle of breast milk. It was bitter sweet.
- Kemett celebrated Grandma’s birthday
- He swam for the first time!
- Kemett is 28 inches long and is 16 lbs 10 oz
We are working with a GI doctor and allergist to figure out what is going on. The biopsies revealed that he has eosinophilic cells in his lower esophagus, as well as reflux. Now we have to figure out with an allergist what is causing these allergy cells. He has been on a restricted diet for almost 2 months now and Kemett has had a hard time gaining weight. I look forward to him getting more food added in and gaining weight.
One good thing is that we saw the Cranio Facial plastic surgeon and he thinks Kemett looks good. He is holding his head up on his own and not compromising his airway. He does not want to see us for another year and does not feel that he will need a jaw distraction surgery! It was such good news to be able to take one more thing and doctor off our list!
Below are some pictures from this past month!
Look at those eyes!
My first professional haircut!
Mama Fred Fest
I love Ginger!
Kemett is 7 months today! Here are the highlights from this month:
- He is starting to roll from stomach to back and then back to stomach!
- He found his feet and is loving them
- He can do slightly supported sitting and can bear weight through his arms
- We are also doing more crawl positioning and he can hold himself up
- We can tell he really wants to move. When we put him on his tummy he eventually does an entire 360!
- He screeches and talks loudly
- He loves petting Kona and Ginger and squeals at them!
- He is eating solids 2x per day- he loves summer squash and avocado
- He is working on drinking from an open cup
- He met his Great Grandma and Grandpa Demand and his Great Aunt Peggy
- He now has to wear a hip brace because his left hip socket was not forming correctly. The orthopedic doctor said that it was still early but to be safe he needs to sleep in the brace.
- He’s been on HGH for 5 weeks!
- He celebrated my birthday
- We started working with a nutritionist who specializes in PWS
Kemett is really growing up. He is getting so much stronger and more animated! We can really tell a difference since he started growth hormone therapy. He is more alert during the day.
I feel like this past month has been a quiet one- not as many doctors. We did travel to Houston to see his endocrinologist and we decided that we are going to go to Florida to see Dr. Miller and not continue seeing this doctor. We want what is best for Kemett. Next Monday there will be a post about Florida- finally.
I also hope to blog about the nutritionist and some things that Andrew and I are doing to change our diet.
SAVE THE DATE- We will be hosting a walk for Kemett to raise money for the Foundation For Prader-Willi Research on September 13, here in our neighborhood. I will do a blog post with more information next month. It is called One Small Step!
Thank you all, as always, for all of your support! Enjoy the pictures below.
I’m 7 months!
I love eating!
Doing my 360’s with the dogs
Meeting Great Grandma and Grandpa Demand
Dad and I doing guy things.
Looking grown up!
No more car seat in stroller!
Reading my book.
Jeans for Rare Disease Day