We hope that you all will join us for our 3rd Annual One Small Step Walk! Details are below.
After yesterday’s announcement, I’m sure you are wondering- Are they going to put a walk on this year?
This year we will not be hosting a physical walk. We will have a month old and our co-host Angela is super busy with her four kids! So we’ve decided to sort of take this year off. Instead, we will be doing a virtual walk full of fun challenges!
One Small Step Dripping Springs Virtual Walk
October 15, 2016
Wherever you are!
We would love for people to get active in support of Prader-Willi Syndrome, as well as active on social media! First, we will talk about the challenge, and then about what we’d like for you to do!
We are asking people to do an activity by October 15th that will involve the number 15 for the 15th Chromosome: #15forthe15th
Here are some examples:
- Walk/Run 15 miles
- Walk/Run 15 minutes a day
- Take 15,000 steps a day/week
- Swim 15 miles
- Do 15 sit ups/push ups a day
- 15 days in October to Raise Awareness about PWS
- For 15 days give up sugar, your favorite food, or exercise daily
- Raise Money! Ask your friends to make donations- “I’ll do 15 push-ups for every $50 I raise for FPWR!”
- Get together with your friends/family in your city
- Find something that interests you and set a goal. Get creative! We want to hear your ideas!
- Announce your challenge on social media!
- Use the hashtags: #15forthe15th, #OneSmallStep, #InItForKemett, #FPWR
- Take pictures and post your progress on social media!
- Join our event page on our One Small Step Walk Dripping Springs Facebook Page to encourage others and hear about challenges!
You can start now or wait until October! No matter what you decide, we want everyone to be excited about raising awareness about PWS and One SMALL Step!
We will talk about The Foundation for Prader-Willi Research next week and all that they do for our kids!
As always, please feel free to ask us any questions and let us know what challenge you are accepting! We will announce ours later today!!
One Small Step Walk for Prader-Willi Syndrome Research at the Belterra Recreation Center in Dripping Springs, Texas on October 10, 2015. Photo by Lauren Gerson.