Happy May everyone!
This month is Prader-Willi Awareness Month! Will you participate in a month long challenge with us? Pledge to eat well for the month, or exercise daily. By sacrificing the sweets or promising to sweat, your joining our friends with PWS in things that they have to do every single day. Andrew and I have changed our diets over the past couple of months for Kemett- removing processed foods, added sugars, and hormones in meat. So, I pledge to exercise daily with and for Kemett! Let us know what you will be doing or share it on your facebook page!I hope to update you a little more often on the blog about PWS and Kemett!
Kemett has had a pretty good month. Here are some highlights:
- Kemett has 4 teeth!
- He graduated from the helmet last Wednesday.
- He is using a straw cup now!
- We changed Kemett’s schedule, so he eats three meals a day in his high chair and has two snacks. He now goes to bed at 7:45 each night!
- We think he has some food allergies, so we have removed Dairy and Soy from his diet and mine as well
- We worked with a PWS nutritionist from California this month and learned so much about Kemett’s nutrition!
- Kemett took a road trip to Atlanta, GA driving through Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia.
- He is 16 lbs 3 oz and 27 inches long!
Kemett also had a sad month. We experienced three deaths- Andrew’s grandfather, Lyman Demand, my dad’s brother, Gerald Fredrick and one of Kemett’s special friends with PWS, Violet Hasenmyer. We love all of these individuals and our thoughts and prayers are with their families.
Below are some pictures from the past month.