Happy July Everyone!
Kemett turned 10 months on June 25th! He is doing great and has made big strides this past month. Here is the update:
- Kemett started babbling dadadada, mamama, nanana and is “talking” when he plays
- Kemett is sitting straight up independently! This is huge and a milestone I never thought we’d reach. He did this while we were out-of-town with his cousin, James, who has been sitting straight up for a while.
- Kemett is also getting on all fours and rocking! He is trying so hard to figure out how to crawl! He does an army crawl and likes to go after the remote, paper and anything else that is not a toy.
- We saw an allergist and we can start adding in food again.
- He had his first smoothie! He loves them and it helps build his muscles in his mouth.
- He also has had puffs now to help with chewing. He’s doing great on this.
- He is eating all his meals and snacks in his high chair now. No more bottle!
- We are doing chunks in purees and he’s handling them so well.
- He went to Lake LBJ for the first time!
- Celebrated his first father’s day.
- Traveled to New Iberia and Vacherie.
MomMom Shirley died on June 5th, she was my dad’s stepmom, and has always been my grandmother. She will be missed.
We visited the allergist. She met with us for a long time and asked a ton of questions. She is not convinced of the EOE diagnosis. We will be doing skin testing at the end of the month and will do further blood tests on what comes back positive. She is letting us introduce new foods again into Kemett’s diet, which has been wonderful. It will probably be a long process to find out what exactly is going on, but we are fine taking it one day at a time.
Kemett really is doing so well. His speech therapist has said he is very close to eating like a typical baby his age and he is progressing through everything exactly like a typical baby would His babbling is close to a typical baby, although he is behind there. Occupational therapy says he is a month or two behind typical babies. And he is a few months behind on physical therapy but wow, he has made such great progress. We know that Kemett will have therapy for years to come. He loves his therapists! They have taught us so much. I work with Kemett when they are not here, which is during every playtime and meal time. We celebrate all of his milestones as they come, on his time, because he works so hard to meet each one! I am so proud of him!
We also want to thank everyone who has donated or set up a personal page for our One Small Step Walk! I will do a post about that again soon because we have so much done now! If you are interested in donating you can go here: http://onesmallstep.fpwr.org/dw/users/mdemand/DrippingSprings2014
As always, thank you to everyone for your continued support, prayers, and love! Enjoy the pictures below!