Kemett is 7 months today! Here are the highlights from this month:
- He is starting to roll from stomach to back and then back to stomach!
- He found his feet and is loving them
- He can do slightly supported sitting and can bear weight through his arms
- We are also doing more crawl positioning and he can hold himself up
- We can tell he really wants to move. When we put him on his tummy he eventually does an entire 360!
- He screeches and talks loudly
- He loves petting Kona and Ginger and squeals at them!
- He is eating solids 2x per day- he loves summer squash and avocado
- He is working on drinking from an open cup
- He met his Great Grandma and Grandpa Demand and his Great Aunt Peggy
- He now has to wear a hip brace because his left hip socket was not forming correctly. The orthopedic doctor said that it was still early but to be safe he needs to sleep in the brace.
- He’s been on HGH for 5 weeks!
- He celebrated my birthday
- We started working with a nutritionist who specializes in PWS
Kemett is really growing up. He is getting so much stronger and more animated! We can really tell a difference since he started growth hormone therapy. He is more alert during the day.
I feel like this past month has been a quiet one- not as many doctors. We did travel to Houston to see his endocrinologist and we decided that we are going to go to Florida to see Dr. Miller and not continue seeing this doctor. We want what is best for Kemett. Next Monday there will be a post about Florida- finally.
I also hope to blog about the nutritionist and some things that Andrew and I are doing to change our diet.
SAVE THE DATE- We will be hosting a walk for Kemett to raise money for the Foundation For Prader-Willi Research on September 13, here in our neighborhood. I will do a blog post with more information next month. It is called One Small Step!
Thank you all, as always, for all of your support! Enjoy the pictures below.