Today we will be talking about Kemett! We have told you a lot about Prader-Willi Syndrome but that does not define Kemett. Here is some insight into this amazing kid!
- Books: Kemett loves books. He wants to read all the time, or flip through books. This boy has an amazing memory, so even if we’ve read a book once (and these aren’t short board books, he likes longer story books), he will remember names and details. Last summer we read 1000 books! He loves Madeline, The Three Little Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood (anything with the big bad wolf!), history- Ruth Bader Ginsberg, Martin Luther King, Jr, Amelia Earhart, Albert Einstein, Ruby Bridges, and so much more!
- Music- I like to call myself the human jukebox. I will sing Kemett songs about all kinds of things, all he has to do is ask me. And believe me he does! He also, recently, starting singing songs and enjoying music Andrew and I play for him. He really likes Ophelia by the Lumineers, Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes, Black Sabbath- Iron Man.
- Family: Kemett talks about his family all the time- his grandparents, great grandma’s, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. He is such a sweet boy!
- Playground: He loves to play on our play set in the backyard and his play house. He is getting so fast going up the rock wall and steps.
- School: Kemett loves school. We will have a post about this topic!
- Friends: He loves his friends and talks about them often. Even if we don’t get to see them very often, Kemett still remembers them and things they did together last time they played.
- Animals: Kemett loves horses and our two doggies. Although he is allergic to our dogs, we still let him interact with them occasionally and he just loves it. Ginger, our younger dog, has always been scared of kids, but she does not hide from Kemett. Now Mabel might be another story!
- Dolls: Kemett loves stuffed animals and tiny dolls, like the Little People. He makes them play with each other, talk to each other and all kinds of things. Pretend play can be hard for kids with PWS but he has done really great so far. We are doing a clinical trial and will have a post about that later this month.
- Daniel Tiger, SuperWhy, Curious George: Kemett does not get to watch much TV but when he does these are the ones he asks for.
- History: I was a history major, so I love that Kemett wants to read about presidents, civil rights leaders and can tell me who our president and other officials are in our country. He also can name past leaders, and his favorite supreme court justice and president!
- Superheroes: Thanks to comicon and Kemett’s Uncle Billy, Kemett has enjoyed playing with and reading about superheroes.
- Dress Up: He loves to dress up and asks to dress up as some of his dolls. He has a dress up box now.
- Coloring and Painting: Kemett is so creative and loves to paint pictures!
As you can see, Kemett is a well rounded kid with tons of interests. We keep helping him to expand his knowledge, and he surprises us everyday with what he has learned. We are just so proud of him and where he is today.
Thanks for following our journey!