As you can see I’m almost ONE whole month late for this post! Kemett turns 10 months this week, so I hope to get another post out soon!
This month has been a big one for Kemett. He is getting so big and looking so grown up! Here are some highlights:
- He is rolling all over the place to get what he needs and wants!
- He can sit supported on his own.
- We are working on building strength for crawling.
- We removed eggs from my diet and changed his formula again.
- He had an endoscopy and flex-sigmoidoscopy with biopsies- he did great!
- He got teeth 5 and 6.
- He got his first professional haircut! (it was haircut number 2 if you are counting!)
- He is eating chunks/finger foods and can feed himself. He holds spoon and can put in his mouth.
- I stopped pumping breast milk because of the diet restrictions and his allergies, so he had his last bottle of breast milk. It was bitter sweet.
- Kemett celebrated Grandma’s birthday
- He swam for the first time!
- Kemett is 28 inches long and is 16 lbs 10 oz
We are working with a GI doctor and allergist to figure out what is going on. The biopsies revealed that he has eosinophilic cells in his lower esophagus, as well as reflux. Now we have to figure out with an allergist what is causing these allergy cells. He has been on a restricted diet for almost 2 months now and Kemett has had a hard time gaining weight. I look forward to him getting more food added in and gaining weight.
One good thing is that we saw the Cranio Facial plastic surgeon and he thinks Kemett looks good. He is holding his head up on his own and not compromising his airway. He does not want to see us for another year and does not feel that he will need a jaw distraction surgery! It was such good news to be able to take one more thing and doctor off our list!
Below are some pictures from this past month!